- Undergraduate Admissions
- Returning, Guest and Post-Baccalaureate Students
Returning, Guest and Post-Baccalaureate Student Admissions
Whether you're seeking challenging academics, a vibrant campus life or opportunities to serve the community around you by expressing your unique talents and interests, you'll find Northern Illinois University an engaging place to live and learn. An NIU education is nationally-recognized in quality, nationally-ranked in value and aimed at providing you with personal, career and life success.
We encourage you to explore our academic programs, experiential learning opportunities, student organizations and opportunities to capitalize on our partnerships to bring your learned theories into practice.
Which category am I?
- Former NIU students seeking readmission, reinstatement or
reentranceare those who've previously taken undergraduate course work at NIU.
- Visiting Students are those who are admitted to NIU on a temporary basis to take courses for one academic semester or summer session.
- Post-Baccalaureate Students are those who hold baccalaureate degrees from an accredited U.S. college or university, or from a recognized foreign institution and wish to take additional undergraduate courses or to earn a second baccalaureate degree.
How do I apply?
- Check the deadlines - if you are a former NIU student, your deadlines may be different than typical undergraduate application deadlines.
- Apply using the NIU Undergraduate Admissions form.