The content of this tutorial is organized under the following eight major sections:
- Academic Dishonesty - Definition and Types
- Causes for Academic Dishonesty
- Consequences for Academic Dishonesty
- How Students Commit Academic Dishonesty
- Proactive Steps to Prevent Academic Dishonesty
- Designing Effective Course Activities
- Conducting Exams
- Addressing Incidents of Academic Dishonesty
Check Your Understanding
Why should instructors be concerned with academic integrity at the college level?
Instructors have the professional responsibility to educate students on academic integrity issues as well as demonstrate it in their teaching, research, and scholarly activities.
Note: It is strongly recommended that you complete this tutorial on a laptop or desktop computer. Mobile devices commonly have privacy settings that block cookies, which will prevent you from receiving your certificate of completion. Cookies must be enabled in the user's browser in order for the tutorial to save the user's progress, and for the certificate to be printed. No personal information is permanently saved on the tutorial site.