All Other Students OneCard ID Request
Online Program, Off Campus, and Graduate Students
If you are a graduate, online or off-campus student attending classes at NIU’s main campus or at one of our affiliated satellite campuses, you will need to obtain your OneCard ID to access certain student functions. All currently enrolled students are required to submit a photo online to acquire a OneCard ID. Prior to submitting your photo, please ensure that your preferred/proper name and permanent address are correct in MyNIU.
Online Photo Submission Requirements
|Provide a clear, recent photo of yourself|
|No more than 6 months old|
|At least 350 pixels by 350 pixels in size|
|Show your entire head and face the camera directly|
|Look directly at the camera; don't angle or tilt your head or shoulders at all|
|Include space around your head so we can resize your photo|
| Photo is to be used for identification
This is for identification, not social media
Eyes must be visible, not covered
Don't cover any part of your head
No side view or glamour angles
Photo of you, and ONLY you
Your entire head must be in the photo
Smile, Don't use trendy or funny faces
Plain and light-colored background
Photo must be in color; Don't add filters
Black & White
Don't have your hands or arms visible
Must be a high quality photo
No Copyrighted or Watermarked photos
Don't have text or emoticons visible
The OneCard ID Request Form Process
Follow the OneCard ID Request Form - All Other Students (PDF) how-to guide to learn how to fill out the OneCard ID Request form.
- Access the OneCard ID Request Form.
- Log in with your student Z-ID and password.
- Select one of the following forms to fill out:
- Off campus students - Select “Off-Campus OneCard ID Request" option if you do not live in DeKalb/Sycamore, and your classes are only at off-campus locations (Rockford, Hoffman Estates, or Naperville Campus).
- Online programs students - Select “Online Only OneCard ID Request" option if your classes are only online and do not meet at the DeKalb campus.
- Graduate students - Select “Graduate Student OneCard ID Request" option if you are enrolled in graduate classes at DeKalb campus.
- Fill in all the required information.
- Follow the instructions on the form to upload your photo.
- You will be able to track the status of your request following your submission.
- Should you receive a rejection of your photo, you will be notified via your NIU student Z-ID email account within 2-3 business days.
- Your OneCard ID will be mailed to your permanent address.