Get your Faculty/Staff OneCard ID
Welcome to NIU! You have joined the team and are excited to be able to call yourself an NIU employee, now you are just looking for that identification card to make it official. For most, the card will become an integral tool, while others will use it for less official business or use it less frequently. In any case, we highly recommend getting your Faculty/Staff OneCard ID and we have provided options in how you may be able to do so.
Getting Your OneCard ID
Employees can get his/her OneCard IDs by stopping by the OneCard ID office or submitting a photo online.
In the OneCard ID Office
- Attend your New Employee Orientation and contact us to be sure your information is in our system for card production
- Bring in your valid driver's license or state ID
- Extra help employees must complete and return the Extra Help Employee Prox Card Form (PDF).
- Leave with your brand new OneCard ID!
Submit Your Photo Online
Looking for an alternative to having your photo taken at the OneCard ID Services office? You may submit your photo online, providing convenience, a streamlined process, and the choice to use a professional photo. As your request is completed, you will be notified when your photo has been processed, and directions to bring in your driver's license or state ID. Once you stop by, you will leave with your OneCard ID!
|Provide a clear, recent photo of yourself|
|No more than 6 months old|
|At least 350 pixels by 350 pixels in size|
|Show your entire head and face the camera directly|
|Look directly at the camera; don't angle or tilt your head or shoulders at all|
|Include space around your head so we can resize your photo|
| Photo is to be used for identification
This is for identification, not social media
Eyes must be visible, not covered
Don't cover any part of your head
No side view or glamour angles
Photo of you, and ONLY you
Your entire head must be in the photo
Smile, Don't use trendy or funny faces
Plain and light-colored background
Photo must be in color; Don't add filters
Black & White
Don't have your hands or arms visible
Must be a high quality photo
No Copyrighted or Watermarked photos
Don't have text or emoticons visible
Accessing the OneCard ID Request Form
- Access the OneCard ID Request Form
- Log in with your employee ID and password
- Follow directions to complete form information, then confirm
- Continue to upload your photo
- You will be able to track the status of your request following your submission.
- Should you receive a rejection of your photo, you will be notified via your NIU employee email account within two business days.