Enhancing musical performance
- Sound in Motion by David McGill
Indiana University Press
- The principal bassoonist of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra clearly describes aspects of musical playing.
- Germaniums for the Clarinet and Saxophone by Edward Yadzinski
Plume d'Esprit, P.O. Box 1358, Amherst, NY 14226
- Engaging essays and etudes on diverse topics including: Practice, Sight-Reading, Articulation, Finger Articulation, and Style.
- The Inner Game of Music by Barry Green with W. Timothy Gallwey
- Learn inner game skills such as imagery and musical awareness to get more out of music.
Very helpful in becoming comfortable with performance nerves.
- Peak Performance by Charles Garfield
- Use the exercises in this book to learn ways to overcome stage fright.
- A Soprano on Her Head by Eloise Ristad
Real People Press. Moab, Utah, 1982.
- New ways to look at perceived musical barriers. Unleash your potential. Helps put the demands of music study in perspective.
- Teaching Genius, Dorothy DeLay and the Making of a Musician by Barbara Lourie Sand.
Amadeus Press. Portland, Oregon, 2000.
- An inspirational book about the process of studying a musical instrument.
- Mazltov! Jewish-American Wedding Music for clarinet by Joel Rubin
- Includes informative article about klezmer and16 melodies transcribed with many stylistically informed embellishments. *Shows how to embellish.
- The Compleat Klezmer by Henry Sapoznik with Pete Sokolow
Tara Publications/Hal Leonard
- Thirty-three characteristic klezmer tunes from the playing of Dave Tarras, Naftule Brandwein and others. Includes informative article and CD of performances from the early 20th century. * Hear the historic style.
- The Absolutely Complete Klezmer Songbook by Yale Strom
Transcontinental Music Publications/Hal Leonard
- 400 pages of a wide variety of melodies, lengthy article by noted scholar, contemporary recording of some of the melodies. *Huge variety of melodies