Gutenberg Exchange Lesson Eight: Adjective Clusters
Computer Literacy Objectives: In this lesson you will review
copy and paste functions and word processing.
Writing Objectives: You will learn how to create and identify
Return to The Gutenberg Exchange
- Review verb clusters and
- Go to an introduction to adjective
study it carefully.
- Leaving Netscape open, activate WordPerfect or Word and open a new
- Come back to this Netscape page and link to
Amazon Stranger by Mike Tidwell.
- Read through the chapter, copying the first nine sentences that
adjective clusters one at a time into your word processor document.
- Bold face the adjective clusters.
- Put your name on this document, print it, save it, and hand it in.
- Compare your findings with those that I found by going to
Tidwell's use of adjective clusters.
Notice that the sentences have parenthesis
behind various free modifiers with the names of the free modifiers in
Pay attention to these: they will help you review and they will introduce
you to upcoming concepts.
- Copy and paste sentences number 4, 6, and 9 to a new word processor
- After each of these sentences, type in one of your own making that
follows the pattern. See sample page, which
shows imitations of two of the other sentences from the same page.
- Put your name on the document, print it, save it, and hand it in.