The Gutenberg Exchange: Final Test
In this test you will be asked to rewrite a short story by combining
sentences. You will then figure out the free modifier to main clause
ratio, and you will compare that ratio to your earlier attempt at
sentence combining in Lesson Two.
- Go to Lesson Two and see the instructions
about how to rewrite the Woodsman (steps 4-11).
- Follow those instructions to rewrite
the following story The Chicken.
- Go to Lesson 13 or to
Lesson 13a and read the instructions about
how to figure out the free modifier to main clause ratio (step 10), or
go to Steps to Figuring fm:mc ratios.
- Figure out that ratio for your rewrite of the Chicken.
- Go to your revision of the Woodsman (it should be on your disk if
you did Lesson Two) and figure out the ratio for it.
- Compare the ratios.
- Print your versions of the Woodsman and the Chicken, marking the fm:mc
ratio at the top of each one, and hand them in.
Return to the Gutenberg Exchange Homepage