SPS Certificate of Recognition
Call for Nominations
The Supportive Professional Staff Council Awards Committee requests nominations to recognize Supportive Professional Staff who go above and beyond. The Certificate of Recognition Program was initiated in 2003 to acknowledge the contributions of SPS who have achieved accomplishments in addition to their regular job duties.
Certificates are presented at the annual SPS Awards Ceremony for such accomplishments as:
- publication of books or articles;
- presentations or papers delivered at professional conferences;
- leadership in professional associations;
- honors and recognitions received;
- advanced academic degrees or professional certifications earned;
- extraordinary service to the NIU community and its students.
In past years, the Council has awarded an average of 20-25 certificates. Supportive Professional Staff may self-nominate, or be nominated by another employee or by the SPS Council membership. A list of past recipients is available at: http://www.niu.edu/spsc/awards/certificate_recognition.shtml
To nominate yourself or a fellow SPS for a Certificate of Recognition, please email the name and a brief statement of the candidate’s accomplishments per the above bulleted points to firstname.lastname@example.org by FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 8th. Be sure to indicate that your nomination is for the Certificate of Recognition.
The SPS Certificates of Recognition will be presented at the Annual SPS Awards Ceremony on April 16, 2013.