Sigma Tau Delta Meme Contest
Members are invited to create image macros (memes) about Sigma Tau Delta, English, the international convention, featured speakers, the Common Reader, Portland, and related topics. The Student Leadership Committee will select five finalists, and then anyone can vote for their favorite on our Facebook page.
The winning meme will be turned into a special-edition product (like a magnet or bumper sticker) which will be given away as prizes during the convention. They will also be available for purchase, with all proceeds going to help the Portland Literacy Council. The creator(s) of the winning meme will receive complimentary copies of the special-edition product and recognition on Sigma Tau Delta's Facebook page.
All submissions must be received by 11:59 pm CST on January 28, 2013. Finalists will be chosen and uploaded to Facebook by February 4, and voting for winners will be open from February 5 to February 11.
- Members may submit as many memes as they wish.
- Submissions must be emailed as a jpeg attachment to email@example.com with the subject line "Meme Contest Entry." Entries submitted to the Facebook page will not be considered and may be deleted.
- All entries must contain original text created by the submitter.
- Entry emails must contain the submitter's name, school, contact information, names of and media release forms for any individuals featured in images and the statement "The following submission is my original creation." Entries also must include a statement of where the image came from and, if applicable, who gave permission for its use.
- No copyrighted works, including images from movies or television shows, may be used unless by permission of the copyright owner. Submitters must be able to furnish proof that they have permission to use copyrighted images.
- No images of real people may be used unless the creator has the permission of those individuals and can identify them by name. Any submissions involving images of real people must be accompanied by media release forms for each individual featured in the image.
- All entries must be appropriate for public distribution and must reflect well on the submitter and Sigma Tau Delta. Offensive, derogatory, or otherwise objectionable content will not be considered.
- Entries will be judged on the following criteria: Originality/creativity, relevance to Sigma Tau Delta, and humor.