Scholarship Application Documents
Q. What documents am I required to submit with my application?
- Statement of Professional Goals and Program of Study. Upload a document in which you briefly (1-2 short paragraphs) state your professional/vocational goals, immediate and long-term. Explain the nature and relevance of your current program of study to your academic and professional goals and the purposes of Sigma Tau Delta (fostering the discipline of English, including literature, language, writing, and literacy).
- Application Essay. Compose and upload a 200-400 word personal essay (double spaced) on some aspect of the 2013 convention theme, "Open Book." You may propose and support any thesis appropriate to this subject, but essays longer than 400 words will not be read.
- Study Abroad Information. A) Provide the name of the study abroad program, mailing address/fax/phone/email address (as available), and dates you will be in residence there. B) Identify the affiliation of the program and provide name and contact information of its director (e.g., your own university/college, or name and mailing address of another institution. C) Provide name and contact information for an official of the study abroad program (the resident director of the program is preferred) who will notify Sigma Tau Delta when you are on-site (so your scholarship can be released).
- Study Abroad Statement. Write a 200-400 word statement in which you explain the nature and the relevance of this program to your academic and professional goals and the purposes of Sigma Tau Delta (fostering the discipline of English, including literature, language, writing, and literacy). Provide program details about the number of terms and dates, courses (titles, descriptions, estimates of meeting frequencies, workload, credit hours), and activities.
- Unofficial or official copy of your transcript(s).
- Two letters of recommendation