- 2013 Convention Program - Booklet Version
- 2013 Convention Program - Print Version
- Program Changes - 03/20/13
Each attendee will receive a printed copy at the registration desk.
- Concurrent Sessions
List shows schedule of all sessions (papers, roundtables, speakers, workshops, and indexes)
- At-A-Glance Schedule
Information for Presenters, Chairs, and Moderators
- Prepare for Your Presentation
- Presenting Papers and Creative Works at the Convention
- Roundtable Presentations
- Suggestions for Chairs
- Suggestions for Moderators
We hope you are as excited as we are about the upcoming 2013 Sigma Tau Delta International Convention in Portland, Oregon, in March of 2013. In addition to the presentations of papers and creative works, here are some "Don't Miss" events:
- Opening night with local writers, skits, Rectangle readings, open mic, and very nice door prizes.
- Reading. Q & A, and book signing by internationally acclaimed novelist, critic, and poet Ursula K, Le Guin.
- Chapter, leadership, and career development workshops and special presentations led by experts.
- Time with creative nonfiction writer Anne Fadiman, author of Ex Libris: Confessions of a Common Reader.
- Your chance to hear from prize winning journalist Tim Egan and have him sign one of his books for you.
- Discussions and roundtables on the theme "Open Book." Are you an open book? Tell us about it.
- Formal and informal networking with members from all over the world.
- Exploring sights and excitements of Portland, including Powell's Bookstore.
Admit it—we are literary geeks and proud of it! I am looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks in Portland where we can all revel unashamedly in the joy we Sigma Tau Deltans have for literature, writing, and language.
Gloria J. Hochstein, 2013 Convention Chair