Student Poster Competition
The STC Academic SIG invites individual submissions to a student poster competition at the 2014 STC Summit. Selected posters will be presented at the Summit in Phoenix on Tuesday, 20 May 2014. Awards will be presented that evening at the Honors Banquet.
Current Research Topics in Technical Communication: Submit innovative work in communicating technical content, managing a technical communication group, producing and publishing content, researching content, or promoting the profession.
Who Can Enter: Undergraduate and graduate students. Students do not need to be members of STC to enter.
How to Submit: Submit your poster and an abstract as attached PDFs to an email.
- Your full name
- Title of poster
- Classification: undergraduate or graduate
- Phone number
- Email subject line: STC student poster competition 2014
- Email to the following: email@example.com
- Poster must have been created on or after January 1, 2013
- Submit as a PDF
- File size < 1 mg
- Name the file TitleofPoster_STC14
- Top three posters will be printed by STC and displayed throughout the Summit at STC Central. Printed poster size will be 36 x 48.
- Poster format templates and design help are available from a number of Internet locations, including C.B. Purrington's "Designing Conference Posters," ; and K. Powell's "Presentations: Billboard Science."
- In the abstract, include the title of the poster, nature or significance of the topic, research question(s), methods, results, and conclusion
- Include specifications for the poster and any restrictions that have to be met
- Length: 250 words
- Submit as a PDF
- Name the file TitleofPoster_Abstract_STC14
More information can be found on the STC website.