Alumni Representative (AR)
To represent the voice of the alumni members of Sigma Tau Delta (i.e., members who are no longer students), the Board of Directors has created the Alumni Representative position. The Alumni Representative is elected by Alumni Epsilon members during the alumni caucus at the annual international convention in the spring (www.englishconvention.org). All candidates must be a member of the Alumni Epsilon Chapter for one year prior to election. Please bring the application to the alumni caucus.
- The AR shall be a member of the Alumni Epsilon Chapter for one year prior to election.
- The AR shall be elected for up to two consecutive one-year terms by Alumni Epsilon members during the alumni caucus at the annual international convention.
- Candidates not elected to the AR position are eligible to run for the Associate Alumni Representative (AAR) position.
- The AR shall attend Board meetings in a non-voting capacity.
- The AR shall serve on the Alumni/International Committee and other Board committees as appointed.
- Promote Alumni Epsilon membership.
- Create and solicit content for online publications including an alumni blog.
- Contribute an article to each international newsletter with suggestions to alumni on how to stay involved.
- Promote community among alumni including welcoming new Alumni Epsilon members and encouraging alumni to continue to participate via local chapters and online networking.
- Contact the Chair of the Alumni/International Committee and Associate Alumni Representative at least once a month.
- Represent concerns of alumni to the Board.
- Submit an annual report to the Board.
International Convention Duties
- Attend international convention.
- Assist the Chair of the Alumni/International Committee with the alumni caucus and an alumni social event at the convention.
- Introduce, preside, and/or moderate sessions and activities as designated by the Convention Chair.