Associate Alumni Representative (AAR)
To assist the Alumni Representative to represent the voice of the alumni members of Sigma Tau Delta (i.e., members who are no longer students), the Board of Directors has created the Associate Alumni Representative position. The Associate Alumni Representative is elected by Alumni Epsilon members during the alumni caucus at the annual international convention in the spring (www.englishconvention.org). All candidates must be a member of the Alumni Epsilon Chapter. (Applicants may join at the convention if not already a member.) Please bring this application to the alumni caucus.
Job Description and Outline of Duties
- The AAR shall be a member of the Alumni Epsilon Chapter. (Applicants may join at the convention if not already a member.)
- The AAR shall be elected for up to two consecutive one-year terms by Alumni Epsilon members during the alumni caucus at the annual international convention.
- The AAR shall serve on the Alumni/International Committee.
- Contribute to and aid in the production of online publications created by the Alumni Representative (AR).
- Aid AR in promoting Alumni Epsilon membership and community among alumni.
- Contact the Chair of the Alumni/International Committee and AR at least once a month.
- Assist AR to contribute an article to each international newsletter with suggestions to alumni on how to stay involved.
International Convention Duties
- If attending, assist with registration.
- If attending, help AR organize and moderate the alumni caucus and an alumni social event at the convention.
If, as assessed by the Chair of the Alumni/International Committee, and affirmed by Board consensus, the Alumni Representative should not be able to complete his/her duties, the Associate Alumni Representative will take over the position, title, and duties as specified by Sigma Tau Delta.
Because the Associate Alumni Representative duties are primarily to assist the Alumni Representative, those elected to the position cannot be Board-funded to attend Board meetings; however, a modest stipend may be provided to an active AAR who wishes to attend the international convention. The AAR will receive recognition for duties performed by being listed in alumni publications and on the Society's website (www.english.org).