Recommenders must fill out the entire recommendation form in one sitting. There is a 45 minute time limit per page. Therefore, recommenders are encouraged to prepare their responses in a word processing program (i.e. MSWord, etc.) first and then copy and paste them into the application.
The recommenders should be prepared to answer in detail how the nominee demonstrates at least three of the following six traits (in no more than 500 words per question):
- Strong Work Ethic (i.e. through perseverance and dedication)
- Motivation (i.e. through the ability to set and achieve personal or professional goals despite challenges or obstacles)
- Inspiration (i.e. through being a "difference-maker")
- High Regard for others (i.e. through selflessness, empathy, compassion and/or volunteerism and service)
- Integrity (i.e. through sound judgment, fair actions and moral and ethical behavior)
- Intellectual curiosity (i.e. through inquisitiveness and thoughtful and intentional discourse or reflection)
- Other characteristics of the applicant that you would like to address
When a student applies for the scholarship, they are required to submit the name and email address for two individuals to serve as recommenders. If you are asked to complete a recommendation, you will receive an automated email with information about the recommendation process. Alternately, the student may contact you directly to provide you with their ZID number and access code.
The deadline to submit recommendations has passed.