Happy New Year and welcome back! I hope your break was restful and here's to a fantastic 2018! For the week ahead...
A new year's resolution that provides food for thought, particularly as we honor Martin Luther King..."Resolve to recognize that what drives cable-news ratings or attracts internet eyeballs or energizes Twitter followers has no relevance to good governance and thoughtful leadership. And resolve to remember that disparaging those with different ideas signifies weakness and insecurity, not strength and courage." - Richard Nelson, president of Wisconsin's Nicolet College
- Honoring Martin Luther King: Join us for the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration Week: Keep Moving Forward in Beauty, Love and Justice. Honor the work and legacy while exploring the complexities of diversity and equity.
- Resolutions and New Beginnings: No matter what your resolution...increase that GPA, find scholarship funding, get in shape, eat heathy, get involved...best of luck in the year ahead!
- A Safe New Year: This year we have seen a number of fires in off-campus apartments...this fire safety video has important tips for a safe new year.
- Community Advisors Needed: Learn more about this outstanding leadership position in the residence halls and the application process for positions in 2018-19.
- Weather Closures: Super cold or snowy...thinking NIU might cancel classes? For closure notices check NIU's home page or the winter weather information.
Have a great week!
Kelly Wesener Michael, Ed.D.
Associate Vice President for Student Affairs
Chief Student Affairs Officer & Dean of Students