Rural Health Resource Services
NIU’s Rural Health Resource Services (RHRS) works with rural hospitals, health care organizations and providers to help them improve services through strategic management expertise and access to new communications technologies. RHRS provides strategic planning, supplemental management services and research that allow rural health leaders to take the focus off everyday “fires” and prepare for the future of health care.
- Reimbursement from local, state, or federal sources is crucial, since rural populations have special needs that are not covered by traditional insurance..
- Uninsured or underinsured rural populations are increasing, with shifts in age and ethnicity. Projecting future needs is key to serving these populations and staying financially viable.
- Chronic disease management is gaining importance. Proactively monitoring the health of patients with chronic diseases such as congestive heart failure or diabetes can prevent expensive emergency room treatments.
- Entire segments of the healthcare workforce are retiring including medical staff members, and it is hard to replace them, especially in rural settings.
- Technology modernization is essential for the exchange of information and expertise in shortage areas where technical and clinical specialists are not available locally.
When should you contact RHRS?
- When you need help planning strategically for your organization
- When you need answers, advice or a sounding board
- When you want to ensure you're providing the very best healtcare for your community
How can RHRS serve your organization?