Local Government Management – a thorough study of government administration, focusing on the operations of local governments and the analysis of local government and metropolitan issues.
- PSPA 630 – Local and Metropolitan Government
- PSPA 632 – Local Government Administration
- PSPA 695 – Internship in Public Sector Organizations
Two of the following
- PSPA 631 – Urban Planning and Zoning
- PSPA 633 – Citizen Participation
- PSPA 634 – New Governance
- PSPA 635 – Local Economic Development Policy
- PSPA 660 – Ethics and Public Service in America
- PSPA 665 – Public Sector Innovation
- Three semester hours of approved graduate study
"Very good program to develop a well-rounded approach to local government management. Provided great networking opportunities, a good experience, and an academic foundation for my career. The internship is key, but the education is what I think will really shape the management style of students in the program. The program helped me appreciate the needs of internal and external stakeholders in the organization. Based on my experience, the "stakeholders" act like any other interest group in that they pursue their direct interests while avoiding the big picture. The program really did well for me in this area. Interest groups or stakeholders can all be molded with the proper application of networking and relationship building."