Why Choose a Masters in Public Administration from NIU?
- HIGHLY RANKED PROGRAM: We are ranked fifth in the nation in the specialty field of city management and urban policy and twelfth in the field of public finance and budgeting. These rankings are ahead of programs at all public and private institutions in Illinois and at many elite schools nationwide.
- PAID INTERNSHIPS: Students who qualify gain experience working for governmental and non-profit agencies. The average wage for an internship is $14.57 per hour, with a salary range between $10.00 to $20.43 per hour based on the internship organization and location.
- 95% JOB PLACEMENT WITHIN SIX MONTHS OF GRADUATION: Our students gain over 1,600 hours of on-the-job experience in their internships and they are uniquely prepared for employment in the sector where opportunities are expanding. See where you can go with your degree.
- EXECUTIVE CLASS FORMAT: Classes are taught in an eight-week format for intensive learning. Our class sizes average between 14-18 students so you get the attention you need!
- SIGNIFICANT ALUMNI NETWORK: One-third of all city and county managers in Illinois are alumni of our program. Just look at where our graduates are working!
Learn more about becoming an MPA student or pursuing a Graduate Certificate in Public Management!
Learn about NIU's Legacy...
and how we Inspire the Next Generation