NIU MPA MENTOR PROGRAM
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.
The Division of Public Administration is excited to announce its support of the Huskie-2-Huskie (H2H) mentoring program through a partnership with NIU’s Career Services. This unique program will connect alumni (and friends) with students through an online matching process. This Huskie2Huskie program is an update to the mentor program that the Division, with the advice of the Board of Advisors, had implemented in the past. We are calling on professionals who will mentor a MPA student through their two years in the program and communicate with them on a regular basis no less than quarterly.
Being a mentor to an MPA student will allow you to:
- Shape the success of a MPA student
- Share your knowledge and expertise
- Expand your network with future professionals
- Promote your legacy of professionalism in public service
Your first step as a mentor is to complete the mentor profile by following the steps described below. At the Huskie-2-Huskie website students will review the mentor profiles and request a mentor. You will receive an e-mail which contains, at a minimum, the student’s name and a link to the mentor login page. You can then review the student’s information and accept or decline the request. If you accept the request you and your protégé complete an action plan to formalize the process.
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE STEPS
- Go to niumentor.experience.com (a quick start guide and tutorial are available here)
- Click CREATE ACCOUNT link in box at left
- Enter account information and click CREATE ACCOUNT button to proceed.
- On CONNECT TO LINKEDIN page, click SKIP THIS STEP AND CONTINUE
- Click MAKE A DIFFERENCE TODAY button
- Click BECOME A MENTOR in the SETTINGS box on right
- Complete your profile and SAVE
- Follow steps under ALMOST DONE section to complete your work history
The H2H mentoring program matches students and alumni in an online process, which protects your privacy. Students will not have access to your name, telephone number, or email address unless you provide it to them.
We deeply value your loyalty to the Division of Public Administration and NIU, and are grateful for your interest in mentoring MPA students.
Questions? Please e-mail email@example.com or call 815-753-0184.