Department of Public Administration
Resources for International Students
International Students students who apply for the MPA program must have a US government scholarship or a scholarship from their government of origin OR must attend a university which has a Memorandum of Understanding with NIU. International students do not participate in the internship program. Students who meet the above criteria may apply for a conditional admittance to the MPA program.
|February 1: preferred deadline||September 1: preferred deadline||February 1: preferred deadline|
|July 15: final deadline||December 10: final deadline||June 1: preferred deadline|
International students complete an online application through the graduate school.
- A completed online application
- Name and e-mail address of one academic reference (You will be prompted for the e-mail address of your reference. Your reference will then receive an email from the graduate school with instructions for submitting your reference.)
- Names and e-mail addresses of two professional references (You will be prompted for the e-mail addresses of your references. Your reference will then receive an email from the graduate school with instructions for submitting your reference.)
- Offical TOEFL scores. NIU's TOEFL requirements.
- Official test scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test. The NIU Institutional Code is #1559.
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended. Send transcripts to: The Graduate School, Northern Illinois University, 223 Adams Hall, DeKalb, Illinois, 60115
- After your application has been received by the Graduate School, a Career Goals statement and resume will be required. Please follow the instructions in the email they will send you.
Applicants should apply for admission in the year in which they actually intend to enroll.