Department of Public Administration
Board of Advisors (BOA)
The purpose of the Board of Advisors for the Department of Public Administration is to support the faculty, staff, and students in achieving the mission of the department. The role of the BOA is to:
- Work with the faculty, staff, and students to enhance our tradition of excellence.
- Disseminate news and achievements of the department to appropriate constituent groups.
- Provide feedback and perspectives to the department chair and faculty regarding program initiatives, events, and curriculum.
- Support the program by:
- Promoting the profession of public management in the public and nonprofit sectors
- Supporting program initiatives through ongoing relationships with Northern Illinois University administration and public officials in local, state, federal, and nonprofit agencies
- Identifying internship and job opportunities for students
- Supporting program fundraising activities to fund MPA scholarships and assistantships
- Individual service.
Members serve at invitation of the department chair, with advice from a nominating committee of board members, for a three-year term, with the option for one additional renewal term. One board member serves as chair for the meetings, with a one-year appointment at invitation of the department chair.
Current members of the Board of Advisers are: