Students selected as PROMISE Scholars are offered the following opportunities and professional development support.
Program Stipend and Scholarship
Students who fully participate in the PROMISE Scholars Program will receive a stipend and/or scholarship for attending the summer program and participation in the components during the academic year.
PROMISE Program Experiences
- STEM Course Clustering
- Comprehensive Academic Advising
- Peer Led Study Groups for STEM Courses
- Financial Aid, Grants and Scholarship Opportunities
- Science, Engineering, Math and Technology Career Course
- STEM Career and Graduate School Fair
- Midwest Business Tour(s)
- Summer Math College
- Saturday Math College
- Social Networking
- Research Teams
- Virtual Seminars
PROMISE Scholars are invited to participate in meaningful research projects with a STEM faculty member. The research opportunities vary according to each faculty specialty area. Examples of research experiences include:
- other STEM fields
Research Program Requirements
Research students are required to:
- Conduct research 6-10 hours per week for 2 semesters
- Participate in a research experience orientation
- Complete a questionnaire and participate in a student focus group.
- Present research findings at the Research & Artistry Day
PROMISE Research students are awarded $1,000 for their research activities. The research experiences offer students a comprehensive understanding of STEM majors, enhance a student’s professional relationship with faculty, and increase a student’s interest in attending graduate school. Students will be offered the opportunity to present their research at a campus-wide research forum.