1. Before you apply. please make sure you know:
- your current high school grade point average
- your grades in courses listed on the application,
- your PSAT, SAT, or ACT tests scores
When you submit your application, we will automatically send you a receipt confirmation email.
3. Submit your responses to the short answer questions listed in the application.
4. Submit a copy of your essay question answer in 500 words or less.
Be sure to include relevant experiences with details and a description of your educational goals.
5. Send your application using one of the following options: (1) electronic version of your application as an email attachment to PROMISE_Scholars@niu.edu; (2) faxed copy to (815)-753-6276; (3) by mail (address is listed on application)
6. All students selected as a PROMISE Scholar will be required to participant in PROMISE activities.
**PLEASE NOTE: All pages must be completed before submitting to our office. To submit your application electronically, save the PDF file down to your desktop, and then attach it to an email.
If you have any questions regarding this application, please contact Dr. Denise R. Hayman at
815-753-9222 or PROMISE_Scholars@niu.edu.