The NIU PROMISE Scholars Program is a campus-wide initiative for new freshmen and sophomore students enrolled in a STEM major or undecided about their major choice. PROMISE Scholars will participate in a summer pre-college program, STEM Learning Communities, research and peer opportunities with faculty and students, and career readiness activities with national corporations.
- To encourage NIU students to pursue undergraduate education in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
- To expose students to the practical applications of STEM majors.
- To support the matriculation and graduation rates of students in math and the sciences.
- To demonstrate how math and science are used to impact the everyday lives of U.S. citizens.
- To provide students with exposure to a diversity of corporate and research work environments.
- To support PROMISE Scholars through scholarship and stipend support.
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant Number (NSF-STEP 1068463).
Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.
A reply is requested by Friday, 2/19.
Dr. Morgan Hynes Presents:
- College of Engineering & Engineering Technology
- College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
- CHANCE Program
- Advising Center
- Career Services