Charge of the Commission
The Presidential Commission on the Status of Minorities will:
- Annually review the personal process of Northern Illinois University to determine its impact on the affirmative recruitment, employment and retention of minority administrators, faculty and staff.
- Annually review admission and academic program policies to determine their effectiveness in the affirmative admission and retention of minority students.
- Annually review campus committees, commissions and boards to insure the equitable representation of minority perspectives in university policies and practices.
- Anually review the quality of life for minorities at Northern Illinois University.
- Prepare an annual report to the President describing the status of minorities and recommending activities to improve opportunities for minorities.
- Develop and implement programs to ascertain concerns and interests of minority students at Northern Illinois University and recommend activities to improve opportunities for students.
- Develop and implement programs to ascertain concerns and interests of minority faculty and staff and recommend activities to improve opportunities for faculty and staff.
- Assist the Affirmative Action Office in achieving the goals of the university's affirmative action program.
- Advise the President on activities to facilitate effective communication between minorities and Northern Illinois University communities.