- Education and Training Expanding opportunities for personal and professional development
- Innovative Technologies Connecting NIU and the people of northern Illinois to the world
- Regional Development Supporting innovations that lead to local growth and regional prosperity
- Outreach Services Helping partners, agencies, and businesses communicate and operate in a global marketplace
- Regional Centers Bringing NIU closer to you with training and conference facilities across the region
- About the Division
- Documents Providing background materials on NIU engagement
- Awards Highlighting NIU's exemplary engagement activities and impact
- Division Home Page
2016 Summer Reading Programs for Children and Adults
Programs at Over 20 Locations throughout Illinois
For an enjoyable activity with lifelong benefits, we recommend one of our eight different reading skills programs designed and taught by instructors from the Institute of Reading Development.
For information, or to enroll online, please select an age group below:
- 4-Year-Olds and Entering Kindergarteners
- Entering 1st Graders
- Entering 2nd Graders
- Entering 3rd Graders
- Entering 4th or 5th Graders
- Entering 6th, 7th, or 8th Graders
- Entering 9th, 10th, or 11th Graders
- Entering 12th Graders, College Students, or Adults
To speak with a program coordinator, or enroll by phone, call (800) 964-8888
7 am- 9 pm Mon- Fri, 7 am- 6 pm Sat, 9 am- 5 pm Sun.
For program locations and schedules in your area, select a program level above. The summer reading programs are available in Arlington Heights, Aurora, Barrington, Chicago, Chicago Heights, Downers Grove, Elgin, Elmhurst, Evanston, Gurnee, Hinsdale, La Grange, Lisle, Moline, Orland Hills, River Forest, Rockford, Schaumburg, St. Charles, Wheaton, Wilmette, and other locations throughout the area.
Programs are offered by Northern Illinois University's Outreach Services, and taught by the Institute of Reading Development. These programs are not affiliated with NIU College of Education Reading Clinic.