NIU's College of Engineering and Engineering Technology @ Rock Valley College
Convenient. Affordable. Quality. Connected.
NIU Engineering @ RVC is your affordable source for high-quality education that will build your career. Earn your:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering offered at RVC
- B.S. Technology in Applied Manufacturing Technology offered Online, with Rockford area internship opportunities
- Convenient: Complete your degree and increase your earning potential closer to home and work in Rockford, a thriving hub for the engineering and technology, aerospace, and manufacturing fields.
- Affordable: NIU's public university tuition is competitive. Combining an associate degree with upper division credits from NIU saves you an estimated $16,000 in tuition and fees over four years.
- Work in new state-of-the art laboratories on the RVC campus
- Our program is ranked in the top 70 by US News & World Report for 2016
- Our classes are 100% faculty taught
- Our students have close to a 100% job placement rate
- Connected: Benefit from corporate partnerships with regional industry partners, including Woodward and UTC Aerospace, to make sure you gain the real-world experience you need to succeed.
We have a path for you.
Whether you’re starting with a high school diploma or an associate degree, we have a path for you. Our advisors will work with you to guide you toward the bachelor’s degree you need for career advancement.
Which degree would you like to learn more about?
"As a graduate of both RVC (‘00) and NIU (‘02) I appreciated the expertise of my professors, and now the convenience of having both programs on the RVC campus will be a game changer for working adults in the Rockford area balancing career and education like I did - without the drive!”
Manager, Advanced Quality Engineering
UTC Aerospace Systems
RVC Class of 2000
NIU Class 2002
If you are a prospective or current RVC student, contact
If you are currently at another community college or seeking information on how to earn the bachelor’s degree, contact
NIU Project Manager
NIU @ RVC Initiative