Master of Science in Art Education
Expand your skills and employment potential with the Master of Science in Art Education (MSAE). The MSAE is designed to prepare educators in the arts to foster visual literacy in the next generation.
NIU’s cutting edge ONLINE program provides:
- Internationally renowned faculty who are leaders in the field
- An up-to-date, research-based curriculum
- The leadership skills you need to actively support and expand your art program
- The convenience and quality of well-designed online courses
- A supportive community of graduate students and alumni
- A prime location close to Chicago, the cultural hub of the Midwest, for the summer studio intensive
NIU is ranked among the top 50 online colleges in the nation. We ensure our online program is distinguished by the same quality of excellence as our on-campus programs, and we provide the resources its faculty need to design the highest quality interactive online courses and the support you need to succeed.
Who should complete this program?
K-12 teachers seeking credentials, museum educators, and community art leaders can use the skills gained in the M.S. in Art Ed. to develop lesson plans, integrate technology into the art classroom, and lead and garner support for art education within their school districts and communities.