You can earn ¾ of your degree at a community college and finish your last ¼ at NIU.
Here is how you do it:
1. Earn 27 hours of general education requirements at NIU, a community college or other accredited institution:
2. Take 30 hours in technology foundations at NIU, a community college, or other accredited institution:
3. Get 23 hours in technology credit for completing your AAS degree. These 23 hours count towards the 120 minimum credits you need to graduate. They do not go towards your 30 hours of NIU credit.
4. Earn 9 hours of general electives at NIU, a community college, or other accredited institution. May need to be 300-400 level to satisfy NIU 40 hr upper level requirement.
5. Take 6 hours of technology electives at NIU, a community college, or other accredited institution. May need to be 300-400 level to satisfy NIU 40 hour upper level requirement.
6. Earn your final 27 hours of upper level technology management and supervision courses at NIU:
Including two courses from:
In order to graduate from NIU, you’ll need to make sure you’ve fulfilled the following requirements:
Contact Stacey Deegan at firstname.lastname@example.org or (815) 753-9943 to assess your coursework.
Visit our Applied Manufacturing Technology course rotation spreadsheet for a look at when and how courses are offered.