2016 Orientation Leader Position Description
What is an Orientation Leader?
Orientation leaders officially welcome all new incoming freshman and transfer students to NIU while providing insight into the Huskie experience. Students selected are excited about representing NIU and are positive role models both in and out of the classroom.
- You MUST attend one OL 101 Session in order to qualify for the orientation leader position
- Keep your eye out for our recruitment posters, Facebook posts, and e-mails for more details!
- The orientation leader application will be live starting September 14
- The orientation leader application deadline is Friday, October 23
OL 101 Sessions
To be considered for the position, you must attend one session. You’ll learn more about the application process, position, and training experience
- September 16 (5-6 p.m.) – Stevenson Towers North (Multi-Purpose Room)
- September 21 (6-7 p.m.) – Campus Life Building (Room 100)
- September 28 (7-8 p.m.) – Campus Life Building (Room 100)
- October 8 (5-6 p.m.) – Stevenson Towers North (Multi-Purpose Room)
- October 14 (4-5 p.m.) – Holmes Student Center (Heritage Room)
Compensation & Benefits:
- $3,000 stipend for the summer
- Housing in NIU residence hall for the summer
- Meals during all orientation programs
- Paid hourly rate during all spring training sessions