Supportive Campus Environment
Students perform better and are more satisfied at colleges that are committed to their success and cultivate positive working and social relations among different groups on campus.
- Campus environment provides support you need to help you succeed academically
- Campus environment helps you cope with your non-academic responsibilities (work, family, etc.)
- Campus environment provides the support you need to thrive socially
- Quality of relationships with other students
- Quality of relationships with faculty members
- Quality of relationships with administrative personnel and offices
How well do students get along with other students?
75% of FY students report that their peers are friendly, supportive, and help them feel as if they belong.
Are students satisfied with their overall educational experience?
83% of FY students report a favorable image of this institution; 80% of seniors would choose this school again if they could start their college career over.
How much time do students devote to co-curricular activities?
34% of FY students spend more than 15 hours a week participating in co-curricular activities. 36% spend no time participating in co-curricular activities.
How well do students get along with administrators and staff?
60% of FY students find the administrative personnel and offices helpful, considerate, and flexible.
To what extent does the school help students deal with their academic and social needs?
71% of FY students feel that this institution has a substantial commitment to their academic success. 53% feel well-supported by the institution regarding their social needs.