How to Request New 10-Hour or 30-Hour Cards
The procedures for requesting 10-Hour and 30-Hour cards will be changing MARCH 1.
For more information, click here
1. Download and complete an Outreach Training Program Report
- Construction Industry Program Report (PDF version)
- General Industry Program Report (PDF version)
- Form Instructions
2. Send your completed Outreach Training Program Report to Joe Kauzlarich (Outreach Card Fulfillment Coordinator) at:Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred method)
Fax: (815) 753-4203
Mail: National Safety Education Center
Northern Illinois University
590 Garden Road, EB 130
DeKalb, IL 60115
- Trainers who wish to receive cards with the student names pre-printed should submit their request by email using the .docx file above. If you are submitting a PDF, email the PDF AND the OSHA Excel Card Template.
- Reports submitted by fax or mail will not receive pre-printed cards; instead blank cards will be sent to you, and you will be responsible for writing the names in ink or printing them.
- If you receive blank cards, you can print the names yourself by following these instructions and by using the OSHA 10-Hour & 30-Hour Card Template and the OSHA Excel Card Template.
- It is not necessary to submit any documents other than the training report. Documents such as class schedules and student sign-in sheets should be kept in your personal records in case of an OSHA audit.
3. Pay the $5 per card processing fee
- Pay online with a credit card. (Please use only one login and password per trainer)
- To pay by mail or fax, complete the Card Fee Payment Form (PDF version)
- Fax only the payment form. The training report should go directly to Joe (see #2 above).
- If you prefer to order by phone using a credit card, call (800) 656-5317 and speak to NIU Outreach Registration.
4. Your cards will be mailed to you within 30 days of your submitted and paid request.
- The average time frame to receive cards is currently 1-2 weeks from date of submittal. Cards that have not been paid for will be delayed until payment is received. If it has been two weeks and your cards have not yet arrived, call (815) 753-6904 to check on the status of your order.
- If you would like your cards sent via certified mail, please contact Joe for more information. There is an $8 additional fee for certified mail.
*Trainers are required to submit an Outreach Training Program Report within 30 days of the course completion date. They are also required to distribute all cards to their students within 90 days of the course completion date.