OSHA 521 - OSHA Guide to Industrial Hygiene (Face to Face)
This course addresses industrial hygiene practices and related OSHA regulations and procedures. Topics include permissible exposure limits, OSHA health standards, respiratory protection, engineering controls, hazard communication, OSHA sampling procedures and strategy, workplace health program elements and other industrial hygiene topics. The course features workshops in health hazard recognition, OSHA health standards and a safety and health program workshop. Minimum contact hours: 26.
You'll need a basic computer with a web browser and Internet access.
|Location||Dates||Reg. Fee||Early Bird||3+ Early Bird||EB Expires*|
|Itasca, IL||02/24/2014 - 02/27/2014||$800.00||$775.00||$750.00||01/19/2014|
*Early Bird pricing expires at 4:30 p.m. (CST) on date shown.
- After successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Interpret requirements of OSHA health requirements
- Recognize potential health hazards in the workplace
- Perform basic health hazard evaluation using OSGA sampling procedures
- Recommend suitable strategies for controlling hazardous conditions
- Describe the elements required for an effective workplace health program
- Air contaminant sampling
- Compliance with air contaminant standards
- Compliance with hazard communication
- Compliance with hazardous-waste standards
- Compliance with the asbestos standard
- Compliance with the bloodborne pathogens standard
- Compliance with the noise standard
- Compliance with the confined space standard
- Compliance with the respirator standard
- Compliance with ventilation standards
- Detector tube sampling
- Elements of a workplace health program
- Hazard violation workshop
- Health hazard recognition
- OSHA ergonomic guidelines
- OSHA record keeping for health
Courses begin between 7:30 and 8:30 a.m. Your specific start time will be listed on your confirmation letter.