OSHA #521 - OSHA Guide to Industrial Hygiene
This course covers industrial hygiene practices and related OSHA regulations and procedures. Course topics include recognition, evaluation, and control of chemical, physical, biological and ergonomic hazards, Permissible Exposure Limits (PEL), OSHA health standards, respiratory protection, engineering controls, OSHA sampling protocols and strategies, and workplace health program elements. The course features workshops in health hazard recognition, OSHA health standards and use of sampling equipment. Upon course completion students will have the ability to recognize basic industrial hygiene principles and practices, identify characteristics of common air contaminants, locate PELs, perform basic industrial hygiene calculations, and determine methods for hazard control and abatement. A laptop computer with a web browser and WiFi capability is highly recommended.
- Interpret requirements of OSHA health requirements
- Recognize potential health hazards in the workplace
- Perform basic health hazard evaluation using OSHA sampling procedures
- Recommend suitable strategies for controlling hazardous conditions
- Describe the elements required for an effective workplace health program
- Earn 2.6 CEU or 4.34 CM
- Register online through the specific course link
- Download a Course Registration Form (if paying with check or purchase order via mail or fax)
- Call (800) 656-5317 to register over the phone
|Location||Dates||Class Times||Course Fee||Early Bird||3+ Early Bird||Early Bird Expires*||Register Online|
|DeKalb, IL||May 17-20, 2016||8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.||$800||$775||$750||April 5, 2016||Register Here|
*Early Bird pricing expires at 4:30 p.m. (CST) on date shown.