OSHA 511 - Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry (Face to Face)
This course for private sector personnel covers OSHA policies, procedures, and standards, as well as general industry safety and health principles.
Topics include scope and application of the OSHA general industry standards. Special emphasis is placed on those areas that are the most hazardous, using OSHA standards as a guide.
Please note: As of April 1, 2009, OTI Education Centers have been instructed not to issue 30-hour Outreach cards for students who complete the OSHA 511. Students WILL receive a OSHA course completion certificate.
For information on obtaining a 10- or 30-hour card, please click here.
Click a location link below to register online.
|Location||Dates||Reg. Fee||Early Bird||3+ Early Bird||EB Expires*|
|Itasca, IL||06/17/2013 - 06/20/2013||$800.00||$775.00||$750.00||05/13/13|
|St. Paul, MN||06/17/2013 - 06/20/2013||$800.00||$775.00||$750.00||05/13/13|
|Decatur, IL||07/15/13 - 07/18/13||$800.00||$775.00||$750.00||07/09/13|
|DeKalb, Il||07/22/2013 - 07/25/2013||$800.00||$775.00||$750.00||06/18/13|
|St. Paul, MN||08/13/2013 - 08/16/2013||$800.00||$775.00||$750.00||07/09/13|
|Green Bay, WI||09/24/2013 - 09/27/2013||$800.00||$775.00||$750.00||08/20/13|
|St. Paul, MN||10/07/2013 - 10/10/2013||$800.00||$775.00||$750.00||09/03/13|
|Itasca, IL||11/04/2013 - 11/07/2013||$800.00||$775.00||$750.00||10/01/13|
*Early Bird pricing expires at 4:30 p.m. (CST) on date shown.
After successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Locate and apply OSHA Safety and Health standards, policies and procedures
- Utilize OSHA standards and regulations to supplement an on-going safety and health program
- Identify common violations of OSHA standards and propose abatement actions
- Describe appropriate abatement procedures for selected safety and health hazards
- Introduction to OSHA and the OSH Act
- Part 1903 - Inspections, Citations and Penalties
- Introduction to OSHA Standards
- Hazard Violation Workshop
- Safety and Health Programs
- Subpart D - Walking-Working Surfaces, 1910.21 - 1910.30
- Subpart S - Electrical, 1910.301 - 1910.305
- Subpart S - Electrical, 1910.331- 1910.335
- Subpart I - Personal Protective Equipment, 1910.32 - 1910.38
- Subpart Q - Welding, 1910.251 - 1910.255
- Subpart Z - Introduction to Industrial Hygiene, 1910.1000 - 1910.1450
- Subpart Z - Hazard Communication, 1910.1200
- Subpart E - Exit Routes, Emergency Action Plans and Fire Prevention Plans, 1910.33 - 1910.39
- Subpart L - Fire Protection, 1910.155 - 1910.165
- Subpart N - Materials Handling, 1910.176 - 1910.184
- Subpart O - Machine Guarding, 1910.211 - 1910.219
- Subpart J - Lockout/Tagout, 1910.147
- Subpart J - Permit-Required Confined Spaces, 1910.146
- Subpart H - Hazardous Materials, 1910.101 - 1910.126
- Subpart H - Hazardous Materials (continued), 1910.120
- Subpart Z - Bloodborne Pathogens, 1910.1030
- Part 1904 - Recordkeeping
Courses begin between 7:30 and 8:30 a.m. Your specific start time will be listed on your confirmation letter.