OSHA 2015 - Hazardous Materials (Face to Face)
This shortened version of OTI #2010 covers OSHA general industry standards and integrates materials from other consensus and proprietary standards that relate to hazardous materials. Included are flammable and combustible liquids, compressed gases, LP-gases, and cryogenic liquids. Related processes such as spraying and dipping are covered, as well as electrical equipment. Minimum contact hours: 28.
Click a location link below to register online.
|Location||Dates||Reg. Fee||Early Bird||3+ Early Bird||EB Expires*|
*Early Bird pricing expires at 4:30 p.m. of date shown.
After successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe methods for detecting unsafe storage conditions for hazardous materials
- Explain electrical factors that may contribute to the creation or abatement of hazardous conditions
- Relate hazardous conditions and unsafe procedures to the appropriate standards for abatement action
- Specify the necessary precautions for hazardous operations, such as the dispensing of flammable and combustible liquids
- Describe proper abatement techniques for selected industrial hazards
- Pre-test and OSHA review
- Introduction to hazardous materials
- Hazardous locations
- Introduction to hazardous waste and hazardous response
- Hazardous waste site operations
- Emergency response and emergency action plans
- Compressed gases and acetylene
- Welding, cutting and brazing
- Liquefied petroleum gases
- Flammable liquids
- Spray finishing using flammable and combustible materials
- Dip tanks
- Permit-required confined space
- Cryogenic liquids, hydrogen and oxygen
- Anhydrous ammonia
- Process-safety management
Courses begin between 7:30 and 8:30 a.m. Your specific start time will be listed on your confirmation letter.
We also offer this course online.