HAZWOPER 8 Hour Refresher
All employees, managers, and supervisors who have completed the 24- and 40-hour HAZWOPER course must earn 8 hours of refresher training annually. This course meets 40CFR RCRA anual review of employee training.
Students will review the following concepts:
- Health and safety issues and dangers present at hazardous waste sites.
- How to obtain names of personnel and alternates responsible for site safety & health.
- Work practices for minimizing risks from site hazards.
- Monitoring procedures and requirements.
- Informational programs.
- Procedures for handling drums and containers.
- Decontamination procedures.
- Procedures for emergency response by employees at uncontrolled hazardous waste sites.
- Illumination requirements.
- Sanitation practices at temporary workplaces.
- Medical surveillance requirements including recognition of symptoms and signs that might indicate overexposure to hazardous materials.
- Engineering controls, work practices, and personal protective equipment for employee protection.
Prerequisites: HAZWOPER Training
Training Materials: Those attending this training program will receive a training manual that includes a detailed script keyed to overhead graphics. A certificate and wallet card will be awarded to the student upon successful completion of the training program.
|Location||Dates||Reg. Fee||Early Bird||3+ Early Bird||EB Expires*|