Hazardous Waste Operations
HAZWOPER 24 Hour
All employees who initially respond in a defensive fashion to releases or potential releases of hazardous substances for the purpose of containing the release from safe distances, keeping the release from spreading and preventing exposure.
This course offers a thorough overview of hazardous materials training at the first responder operations level. After attending this course the participant will:
- Know the basic hazard and risk assessment techniques.
- Know how to select and use proper personal protective equipment provided to the first responder at the operations level.
- Understand basic hazardous material terms.
- Know how to perform basic control, containment, and/or confinement operations within the capabilities of the resources and personal protective equipment available.
- Know how to implement basic decontamination procedures.
- Understand the relevant standard operating procedures and termination procedures.
Prerequisites: Please Note: None
Training Materials: Those attending this training program will receive a training manual that includes a detailed script keyed to overhead graphics and the U.S. Department of Transportation's Emergency Response Guidebook. A certificate and wallet card will be awarded to the student upon successful completion of the training program.
|Location||Dates||Reg. Fee||Early Bird||3+ Early Bird||EB Expires*|