Accounting sets dates for FY2009 closing
May 4, 2009
All deans, directors, department chairs and managers should note the following deadlines regarding the FY2009 closing and make sure the information is distributed to everyone who process accounting transactions.
Payment Processing (checks to vendors and to reimburse employees)
All transactions must be recorded in the correct fiscal year. Departments are responsible for getting all transactions completed and travel occurring during FY2009 submitted to the Accounting Office by the following dates:
- General Revenue (02 funds) – All goods must be received, invoiced and all payment paperwork is due in the Accounting Office no later than Thursday, Aug. 6. If the invoice or reimbursement also includes other funding, the due date for the other funding applies to the whole transaction.
- All other NIU funds – All goods and/or services must be received and/or completed and invoices dated by Tuesday, June 30. Payment paperwork is due in the Accounting Office no later than Tuesday, July 14.
Interdepartmental Sales Journals
- All FY2009 interdepartmental sales journals for goods or services between university departments are due in the Accounting Office GroupWise inbox no later than Tuesday, July 14.
- All transactions must be posted in year occurred.
- Journal entries for all transactions posted prior to Monday, June 1, must be submitted to the Accounting Office GroupWise Inbox no later than Thursday, June 18.
- Journal entries for transactions posted in June, except as noted below, must be submitted to the Accounting Office GroupWise inbox no later than Thursday, July 14.
- If the funding for the journal entry is general revenue (02 funds) only, the journal entry must be submitted to the Accounting Office GroupWise inbox no later than Thursday, Aug. 13.