Procurement Services explains
forward-rolling of purchase orders
March 25, 2008
As fiscal year 2008 comes to a close, some purchase orders might need to be rolled forward to fiscal year 2009.
Following are the parameters that Procurement Services and the Accounting Office will use to decide which purchase orders will be rolled forward and which will be closed out.
If there are any purchase orders that do not meet these parameters and need to be rolled forward, the Accounting Office needs to receive a list by Thursday, July 10, to roll them forward. E-mail these lists to firstname.lastname@example.org. After that date, and without any other directions from your department, the decisions to roll forward or close orders will be made by Procurement Services and Accounting Office staff.
All purchase orders that are rolled forward will be paid out of FY09 funds.
PARAMETERS FOR ROLL FORWARD
- All purchase orders with General Revenue funds will be closed in their entirety. These will be re-written as FY09 purchase orders and paid out of FY09 funding as needed after the lapse period.
- All open orders, regardless of purchase order date or dollar amount, will be closed in their entirety unless otherwise specified.
- All purchase orders dated prior to March 1, 2008, for any amount will be closed in their entirety unless otherwise specified.
- Purchase orders dated March 1, 2008, or later for a total of $1,999.99 or less will be closed in their entirety unless otherwise specified.
- All purchase orders dated March 1, 2008, or later for a total of $2,000 or more will be reviewed and then closed and/or rolled forward where appropriate unless otherwise specified.
- All purchase orders for equipment, construction, 03 funding or leases (without 253200 funding) will be rolled forward unless otherwise specified.
- Any purchase orders that have account 253200 funding will be individually reviewed, closed and/or rolled forward by Procurement Services. Procurement also will contact the appropriate person to discuss these.
- Purchase order rollover occurs during the last full week in July, and is coordinated by Procurement Services and Accounting.
Departments are responsible for notifying Procurement or Accounting by Thursday, July 10, of purchase order balances that need to be rolled forward.
Direct any questions to Susan Doubler, Procurement Services, via e-mail at email@example.com or at (815) 753-1675.