Photography FAQs - NIU - Media Services


Frequently Asked Questions

Can you make scans for me?  

Currently we are only making scans for specific university projects. Scans for outside clients are no longer available.

Can you make reprints of my photographs and/or slides? 

We can make reprints for jobs where Media Services photographers did the initial photography. We can not print outside jobs at this time.

How do I schedule a photographer for an event?

Contact the Photography Supervisor, Don Butler, at 753-6671 to schedule an appointment.

Can you document my artwork?

We do provide artwork documentation to faculty and students on campus. Please see our documenting Artwork page for more information.

What's the difference between high res and low res? 

High Resolution or High-Res is a file that is intended to be used for print publications. These files are typically the print size with a resolution of at least 300 dots per inch (dpi).  (I.E. if the image is to appear in a catalog as a 5" x 7" the file size would typically be a 5" x 7" and 300 dpi or larger). Low Resolution or Low-Res is a file that is intended to be used for web only applications. These files are typically 72 or 96 dpi. High Resolution images can be purchased for University projects with a valid NIU account number. For prices and questions please contact Wade Duerkes at 753-6669.

How much do your services cost?

Please refer to our Pricing page for a list of standard prices for some of or services.

I still have more questions. Who do I contact?

Contact the Photography Manager, Wade Duerkes, at 753-6669, or refer to our Contact us page