Women's Law Caucus (WLC)
The Women's Law Caucus is an active organization on campus which not only provides its members with support in adjusting to the law school environment, but also provides educational support for its members, as well as the entire student body, in an attempt to bring some "real world" experience into our academic setting.
The Women's Law Caucus does not solely consist of women nor does it exist for the benefit of women only. Male students have played an active role in the Caucus in previous years and are invited to continue to do so. The main objectives are to address issues faced by women in the field of law, as well as to examine issues faced by lawyers in general. WLC educational programs are of great interest to men and women alike.
WLC sponsors a variety of programs, including:
- Mentor program
- Guest speakers
- Career & Issue Panel Discussions
- Opportunities to network with practicing attorneys & judges
- Volunteer work for the Court Appointed Special Advocacy (CASA) Program
- Wine & cheese receptions
- Pot Luck Dinners
The Women's Law Caucus Mentor Program provides the opportunity for a first year student to be paired with a second or third year law student who has volunteered to assist the new student with integration into the law school community. The Mentor Program is open to all students, regardless of WLC membership.
2012 - 2013 WLC Executive Board
- President: Shannon Powell - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President: Amanda Bonanotte - email@example.com
- Treasurer: Elizabeth Weir - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Sara Emme - email@example.com
- Social Chair: Britt Anderson - firstname.lastname@example.org
Professor David Taylor