The Law Library is open to the general public for government information research. Please note that access hours by persons not affiliated with the College of Law may be limited during certain portions of the academic year, such as during reading periods and final exams. Please see our Hours page for any current restrictions.
II. Government Documents (either at the Law Library or Founders Library) can be found by searching our online catalog.
III. You can also search the FDsys website for online versions of many government documents.
Depository Document Format Types
- Excel (XLS) - To open an Excel document you must either possess Microsoft Excel or download the free viewer. You may download the viewer from the Microsoft site.
- HTML - This is a plain Web page format. You do not need any special software other than your Web browser to view the document.
- PDF - A document in PDF format requires Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not already have the Adobe Acrobat Reader, you may download it for free from the Adobe site.
- Text - A text document does not require any special software other than your Web browser to view it.
- RTF - A document in Rich Text Format usually can be opened by a variety of word processors.
- WP - A document in WordPerfect format can usually be opened by other word processors as well.
- ZIP - A compressed file that requires special software to decompress. There are many shareware programs available that you can download to zip and unzip files.