- Access GovSearch
- If you are attempting to access the databases from off campus, you must be an NIU student, faculty or staff and first authenticate using EZProxy. For instructions on using EZProxy, see here.
GovSearch is a database directory of government people, programs, and places. The directory provides contact information and organization charts for federal, state, and municipal government executives and civilian program information. A supplemental database of other government facilities is included at no additional charge.
- GovSearch offers searching by person, position, office, facility, metro area or CFDA program. You can sort results by clicking on any column's headings. You can also browse offices and agencies.
- In the News Room, you can read daily activity and status of major personnel and organizational changes, as well as track federal nominations from today, the past two weeks, and up to 6 months.
- The Reference Library contains charts, lists, and maps.
- Where Am I? enables you to see where you are to navigate through the organizational hierarchies of government structures.
- You can print selected records, the current page, or all records.