Hours and Location
Law Library Hours 2018
Spring Reading Period and Final Exams
|Tuesday, May 1 - Thursday, May 3||7:30 a.m. - midnight*|
|Friday, May 4||7:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.*|
|Saturday, May 5||8:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.*|
|Sunday, May 6||10 a.m. - midnight*|
|Monday, May 7 - Thursday, May 10||7:30 a.m. - midnight *|
|Friday, May 11||7:30 a.m. - 8 p.m. *|
|Saturday, May 12||8:30 a.m. - 8 p.m. *|
|Sunday, May 13||10 a.m. - midnight *|
|Monday, May 14 - Tuesday, May 15||7:30 a.m. - midnight *|
|Wednesday, May 16 - Thursday, May 17||7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Friday, May 18||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Saturday, May 19 - Sunday, May 20||CLOSED|
Summer Hours (beginning May 21)
|Mondays - Thursdays||8 a.m. - 8 p.m.*|
|Fridays||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Sundays||1 p.m. - 5 p.m.|
Exceptions to Summer Hours
|Saturday, May 26 (Graduation Day)||10 a.m. - 2 p.m.|
|Sunday, May 27||CLOSED|
|Monday, May 28 (Memorial Day)||CLOSED|
|Wednesday July 4 (Independence Day)||CLOSED|
*During these evenings the Law Library is only open to the students, faculty & staff of the College of Law after 6 p.m. All other patrons will be asked to leave at 6 p.m. Thank you for your cooperation.
- If you are not affiliated with the College of Law please call 815-753-0507 before planning to use the Law Library to ensure a reference librarian or other staff member will be available to assist you and that the materials you need will be accessible.
- Please note: Sundays through Thursdays, the Law Library is only open to the students, faculty and staff of the College of Law after 6 p.m. All other patrons will be asked to leave at 6 p.m. Thank you for your cooperation.
- The library begins closing procedures 15 minutes before scheduled closing times.
The Law Library is on the second floor of Swen Parson Hall, located on the east side of Normal Road across the street from Founders Library. Driving directions to campus are available on the NIU website. Park in the Visitor's Lot on Carroll Ave.
Directions to the Law Library from the Visitor's Lot
- From the Visitor's Lot, go east one block to Normal Road (passing either north or south of Founder's Library).
- Swen Parson Hall is the stone building connected to the east side of Founders Library by a brown bridge.
- From Normal Road, look for the door into Swen Parson with the accessible ramp (door #25). Enter the door and turn right at the first hallway.
- Follow the blue "Elevator to the College of Law" signs, turning left at the next hallway.
- Take the elevator to the 2nd floor.
- After exiting the elevator make two left turns.
- The entrance to the Law Library will be on your left, across the hall from the Dean's Office.
Directions to the Law Library from the east side of campus (including Altgeld Hall)
- From the east side of Swen Parson (the side facing Altgeld Hall & Lowden Hall), go up the external stairs and enter the building. You will be in the Marshall Gallery.
- Turn left (south) out of the Gallery.
- The entrance to the Law Library will be on your right, across the hall from the Dean's Office.