John R. Austin
Director of the Law Library
B.A., Queens College
M.L.S., Indiana University
J.D., DePaul University
Phone: (815) 753-9493
John Austin became the library director in 1997. He joined the library faculty in 1984 as public services librarian. He is a past president of the Chicago Association of Law Libraries and has held many elected and appointed positions in that organization. He has served as moderator or speaker at many seminars on legal research or law librarianship and has taught basic and advanced legal research courses. In 1990 and 1996, he was selected Faculty Member of the Year by the students of the College of Law. He is a member of the Illinois Bar.
- The Law of Electronic Commerce and Digital Signatures: an Annotated Bibliography, 17 J. Marshall J. Computer & Info. L. 1043 (1999).
| Lexis*| | Westlaw*|
- HIV/AIDS and Health Care Industry Liability: an Annotated Bibliography, 27 J. Marshall L. Rev. 513 (1994).
| Lexis*| | Westlaw*| | Hein On-line*|
- AIDS and the Criminal Justice System: an Annotated Bibliography, 11 N. Ill. U. L. Rev. 481 (1991) (with Rebecca S. Trammell).
| Hein On-line*|
- American Family Law in the Age of AIDS: an Annotated Bibliography, 24 J. Marshall L. Rev. 625 (1991) (with Rebecca S. Trammell).
| Hein On-line*|
- Teaching Legal Research in American Law Schools: an Annotated Bibliography, 7 Legal Reference Services Q. 43 (1987) (with Carmencita Cui).
- Book Review, 1983 U.S. Law Library Alert, at 6 (reviewing Paul Wasserman's Law and Legal Information Directory).
- Salary/Benefits Survey of Chicago Area Law Firm, Academic and Corporate Law Libraries, (pts. 1 & 2), Chi. L. Libr. Bull., Mar. 1981, at 10 (with Kathie Powers).