Juvenile Justice Clinic
Students in the Juvenile Justice Clinic will handle a variety of criminal legal matters and school disciplinary proceedings on behalf of juveniles of Winnebago County, Illinois.
In the Juvenile Clinic, students will develop and gain:
- Transactional experience by drafting pretrial motions and memorandums of law, sentencing memorandums, and other trial related documents;
- Litigation and negotiation experience representing juveniles in contested delinquency proceedings and school disciplinary proceedings;
- Knowledge and practice of substantive law and procedure in delinquency cases and school disciplinary proceedings;
- Analytical and problem-solving experience;
- Interviewing and client counseling skills;
- Factual investigation and trial or hearing preparation experience;
- Legal writing and oral advocacy experience;
- Communication and collaboration abilities;
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness; and
- Professional responsibility and professionalism experience.