Civil Justice Clinic
Students in the Civil Justice Clinic will handle a variety of civil legal matters on behalf of vulnerable residents of Winnebago County, Illinois.
In the Civil Clinic, students will develop and gain:
- Transactional experience by drafting estate planning documents;
- Litigation and negotiation experience representing clients in contested court matters;
- Knowledge and practice of substantive law and procedure in a variety of civil cases;
- Analytical and problem-solving experience;
- Interviewing and client counseling skills;
- Factual investigation and trial preparation experience;
- Legal writing and oral advocacy experience;
- Communication and collaboration abilities;
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness; and
- Professional responsibility and professionalism experience.