We hope you'll think of Northern Illinois University College of Law when you're looking for outstanding law clerks and attorneys. Many of our students commute from Chicago and the suburbs to DeKalb and are anxious to find legal positions in the city or suburban area. If you plan to hire an attorney or law clerk within the next year, we encourage you to use the resources of the Career Opportunities and Professional Development Office at Northern Illinois University College of Law.
We offer the following services to help meet your employment needs:
- a listing of second and third year students who are interested in doing short-term research projects;
- resumes of third year students and recent graduates seeking attorney positions;
- resumes of experienced alumni/ae seeking job changes;
- a job posting system for attorney and law clerk positions which will allow you to post either an open position or a blind listing;
- a bi-weekly placement mailing which reaches numerous Northern Illinois University College of Law alumni/ae as well as those at more than one hundred law schools across the country;
- convenient facilities for interviewing on campus.
- opportunities for legal professionals to mentor first-year law students (download the mentor application here).
The Office of Career Opportunities and Professional Development works with employers to set up on-campus interviews. The office coordinates the logistics of the interviews and provides a convenient location for both students and the employer. The office also collects resumes and forwards them to the employer. The employer then chooses which candidates they would like to meet with and the office notifies those students of the date, time and location of the interview.
The Office of Career Opportunities and Professional Development will also assist employers with arranging off-campus interviews. Similar to the on-campus interview service, the office will collect resumes from potential candidates, forward them to the employer and notify those students the employer wishes to interview. We hope that employers see the Office of Career Opportunities and Professional Development as a liaison between NIU College of Law graduates and themselves.
Please feel free to call (815) 753-0589, email email@example.com, or fax the Career Opportunities and Professional Development Office at (815)753-8073 and let us know how we can be of help to you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Northern Illinois University College of Law is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, handicap or status as a disabled veteran or Vietnam era veteran in administration of its education policies, admissions and placement policies and other school administered programs. The services and facilities of the Career Services Office are available only to employers whose practices are consistent with this non-discrimination policy. Any complaints of discrimination during the placement process will be investigated or referred to the proper authority for investigation.