20th Annual Public Interest Law Society Auction
Please consider making a donation to the 20th Annual Public Interest Society Auction, which will be held the evening of Friday, March 27, 2015. It will be held in the Thurgood Marshall Gallery in conjunction with the Francis X. Riley Lecture.
The PILS Auction is a student-run event that raises money for summer volunteer opportunities for innovative, enthusiastic, and dedicated students of the NIU College of Law who work in public interest legal positions, assisting individuals who cannot afford legal services through conventional methods. All sides benefit: our students receive valuable legal experience while clients receive legal assistance they desperately need.
We begin the event with a silent auction and then take hotly contested items to a live auction! We strongly encourage you to contribute to this great cause and help provide NIU College of Law students an opportunity to pursue their goal of working in the public interest.
Your support can be shown by participating in any of the following ways:
- Contributing items to be auctioned
- Contributing cash toward a larger item to be purchased or directly to the PILS Outreach Assistantship Fund, or
- Taking out an ad in our auction program.
Some of the items generously contributed in past years include:Four Cubs Tickets – (Contributed by Senator John J. Cullerton)
- Jonathan Toews Jersey – (Contributed by Jeffrey Lenkov)
- Dance Lesson Certificate – (Contributed by Fred Astaire Dance Studios, Burr Ridge, IL)
- Wisconsin Dells Fun Package - (Contributed by Dells Army Ducks & Bigfoot Zipline Tours)
- Grand Geneva Resort & Spa Trip – (Contributed by Grand Geneva Resort & Spa)
- Palette Knife Oil Painting – (Contributed by Silvano Assensi)
- Vera Bradley Basket – (Contributed by Erin George)
- Autographed, Framed Magic Johnson Jersey – (Contributed by Rich Lenkov at Bryce, Downey, & Lenkov)
- Coffee and Food Baskets – (Contributed by Various Donors)
Please let us know as soon as possible:
- what you can contribute to the PILS Auction
- a description of the item
- an approximate value of the item
- how the successful bidder can claim the item (if the item cannot be made available for pick-up at the auction)
Please return your completed Auction Contribution Form or Program Advertisement form via mail, fax, or e-mail. For questions, please call (815) 753-0589.
Northern Illinois University College of Law
Office of Career Opportunities and Development
Swen Parson Hall, Room 280
DeKalb, IL 60115
Fax: (815) 753-4501