18th Annual Public Interest Law Society Auction
Please consider making a donation to the 18th Annual Public Interest Society Auction, which will be held the evening of Friday, April 5, 2013. It will be held in the Thurgood Marshall Gallery in conjunction with the Francis X. Riley Lecture.
The PILS Auction is a student-run event that raises money for summer volunteer opportunities for innovative, enthusiastic, and dedicated students of the NIU College of Law who work in public interest legal positions, assisting individuals who cannot afford legal services through conventional methods. All sides benefit: our students receive valuable legal experience while clients receive legal assistance they desperately need.
We begin the event with a silent auction and then take hotly contested items to a live auction! We strongly encourage you to contribute to this great cause and help provide NIU College of Law students an opportunity to pursue their goal of working in the public interest.
Your support can be shown by participating in any of the following ways:
- Contributing items to be auctioned
- Contributing cash toward a larger item to be purchased or directly to the PILS Outreach Assistantship Fund, or
- Taking out an ad in our auction program.
Some of the items generously contributed last year include:
- Private Weeknight 4-Hour Lake Michigan & Chicago River Cruise (contributed by Matt & Tom Panichi)
- 2-hour Flight Tour of Chicago Lake Front and Lunch Stop for Two (contributed by Guillermo Gascue)
- Signed Dan Hampton Chicago Bears Super Bowl XX Football (contributed by Rich Lenkov, Bryce, Downey and Lenkov, LLC)
- 2 Tickets to Chicago Bulls v. Cleveland Cavaliers Game on April 26, Derrick Rose Jersey & Scottie Pipen Bobble Head Doll (contributed by Delta Theta Phi)
- VIP Night in Chicago for 8-10 People (contributed by Wingman Productions & Carmen Rossi)
- Autographed Sergio Santos Baseball (contributed by the Chicago White Sox)
- 2 Tickets to Chicago White Sox v. Houston Astros (contributed by Law Office of Rene Hernandez, PC)
- Signed Coach Davie Doeren Go Daddy Bowl Football (contributed by Mike Cklarnovski)
Please let us know as soon as possible:
- what you can contribute to the PILS Auction
- a description of the item
- an approximate value of the item
- how the successful bidder can claim the item (if the item cannot be made available for pick-up at the auction)
Auction Contribution and Program Advertisement Form (.pdf)
Letter to Donors (.pdf)
2012-2013 PILS Newsletter (.pdf)
Please return your completed Auction Contribution Form or Program Advertisement form via mail, fax, or e-mail using the contact information below. For questions, please call (815) 753-0589.
Northern Illinois University College of Law
Office of Career Opportunities and Development
Swen Parson Hall, Room 280
DeKalb, IL 60115
Fax: (815) 753-4501